Few events create greater personal upheaval and stress than divorce. If you are considering ending your marriage or know dissolution is necessary, every decision you make throughout the process may have a lasting, meaningful impact on your life.
Trying to complete a “do-it-yourself” divorce can expose you to costly mistakes and serious regrets. Working with experienced, trustworthy legal counsel is the best way to protect your rights. At Amaral & Associates, P.C., a long-standing family law firm serving the Greater Boston area, we strive to provide the utmost in attentive, cost-efficient divorce representation and other family law services.
Uncontested Or Contested Divorce • Hands-On, Affordable Representation
Your major concerns in a divorce may comprise a wide range of matters, including alimony, child custody and child support, parenting plans, any planned or actual removal of children from the state, division of assets and liabilities, enforcement of a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, medical and life insurance, complicated financial and tax matters. Our Divorce FAQ addresses numerous common questions about preparing and filing for divorce, the process in Massachusetts, parental rights and more. We also encourage you to read our articles on:
- What You Should Know About Divorce
- The Divorce Warning Track
- Division Of Marital Assets In A Divorce In Massachusetts
Experienced lawyers Edward L. Amaral, Jr., and Talia Simonds will help you set realistic expectations and determine the best way to proceed. We emphasize:
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the facts and nuances of your unique family situation
- Ensuring that all information reflected in a settlement agreement and, ultimately, in court orders — including your spouse’s assets and financial circumstances — is accurate and complete
- Pursuit of resolution and closure via the approach best suited to your case, in full view of likely legal costs and your most important priorities (which can include mediation, litigation or a hybrid of both)
- Dynamic, impeccably prepared advocacy in court when critical disputes cannot be resolved through negotiation or divorce and family law mediation
Founding attorney Edward L. Amaral, Jr., guides our practice based on decades of diverse case experience and real-world perspective on how devastating divorce litigation is for families, both financially and emotionally. We do not encourage escalation of conflict. You can count on us to advise you accordingly if the costs of a particular action are likely to outweigh its benefits for you.
Call 617-539-1010 Or Contact Us Online Now
Our firm is an ideal choice for contested or uncontested divorce for clients at any age, any financially complex case, same-sex divorce and many other challenges. To request a no-cost, no-risk initial consultation with one of our lawyers in Winthrop or Boston, please call or email us anytime.