Court orders in divorce cases and other family law matters in the Boston area are based on the circumstances that exist at that point in time. Significant life changes are bound to occur for both parents and children in the years that follow. When a change in circumstances is significant, financially or personally, it may be necessary and appropriate to petition the court for a modification.

After a job loss or other major change in your financial circumstances which impacts your ability to pay alimony and/or child support, you need knowledgeable and reliable information on your legal rights and responsibilities as soon as possible. When your circumstances in life change, and that change impacts the current parenting plan between you and your children, it is important to know what remedies you have to modify the existing custody and/or visitation orders to reflect and align with your current circumstances.

At Amaral & Associates, P.C., our lawyers will assess your situation, offer clear guidance on whether a modification is justified and guide you through all required legal steps.

Guidance And Decisive Action After Substantial Changes In Circumstances

Our legal team has the knowledge and experience to pursue all types of post-divorce modifications effectively and efficiently. This includes:

  • Child support modifications, typically made necessary by a job loss or other major event that substantially alters either spouse’s income
  • Alimony modifications, reductions and terminations when appropriate, including modifications of alimony orders entered before the Massachusetts Alimony Reform Act ushered in new guidelines and procedures
  • Modifications of visitation and/or child custody when it can be shown that the action is necessary to serve the child’s best interests

While the process for obtaining a modification may be relatively straightforward in some cases, other post-divorce concerns may be equally pressing but more complex. For example, we represent both custodial parents and noncustodial parents when child and parental relocation out of state (also known as a removal action) is proposed. Such a move-away may be preventable by court order, or modifications of visitation, child support and other orders may be justified in fairness to the soon-to-be distant parent.

Prompt, Reliable Counsel Is One Call Away: 617-539-1010

Attorneys at our firm will treat you with compassion and promptly prioritize your case. We have conveniently located offices in Winthrop and in Boston’s North End and Waterfront. For an initial consultation at no charge, focused on your need for a modification or other unique family law concerns, please call or email our law firm now.

%d bloggers like this: