Divorce and Family Law Attorney Talia Simonds concentrates her practice in all areas of Family Law, including divorce, child custody and support, alimony, modification and contempt actions, paternity, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Talia also is certified as a Parenting Coordinator. Talia was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 2008, but has experience working in the legal profession since the mid-1990’s, much of which has been in the area of Family Law.
Talia’s philosophy in representing clients who are getting divorced is to provide aggressive representation for her clients in a caring and compassionate manner, knowing that issues pertaining to Family Law are often emotional and stressful for her clients.
Talia’s professional experience prior to joining Amaral & Associates, P.C. enhances her representation of her clients. Immediately prior to joining Amaral & Associates, P.C., Talia was working at the Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement Division, pursuant to a federal grant and pilot program seeking to streamline the child support modification process. Talia was only one of three attorneys hired statewide by the Department of Revenue and the Probate and Family Court to oversee this grant and pilot program. Ultimately, the Probate and Family Court approved this pilot program to be instituted statewide pursuant to Standing Order 3-11.
In addition to Talia’s experience at the Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement Division, Talia also served as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Peter P. Charnetsky of the Broome County Family Court and the Integrated Domestic Violence Session of the New York State Supreme Court. Through Talia’s judicial internship, she was able to obtain the rare insight into a family court’s judge’s thought process in the handling of family court cases and assist Judge Charnetsky in drafting his orders and decisions.
Other Interests and Activities:
In her free time, Talia likes to volunteer with the Syracuse University Admissions Office speaking with prospective students as an Alumni Representative about her experiences at Syracuse University and answering any questions students may have. Talia also likes to spend time with her two cats, Clara and Hilary.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Limited Assistance Representation Program for the Probate and Family Court
- ARC (Attorneys Representing Children) Attorney for Suffolk County Probate and Family Court
- Divorce mediator
- Category V Parent Coordinator
Pro Bono Work
- Lawyer of the Day, Suffolk Probate and Family Court
- ARC (Attorneys Representing Children) Attorney for Suffolk County Probate and Family Cour
- Massachusetts, 2008
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 2007
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- B.A. cum laude – 2003
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Chancellor’s Scholar
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Honors: Golden Key International Honors Society
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honors Society)
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- MAGAL, Inc., Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
- North Short Women Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court
- American Bar Association (including Section of Family Law)